[K12OSN] can't apt-get gcc in 4.0

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Fri Apr 30 13:54:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 05:26, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Andrew Fournier wrote:
> >
> > > You could uninstall cpp, then do a yum install gcc... might be messy,
> > > though.

> > unistall is messy and what's more, install gcc still doesn't work, because
> > cpp is the wrong version ... julius
>
> What apt/yum repository are you guys pointing to?
>
> I just tested mime & had no problems installing cpp, gcc, etc.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources:
> yum k12ltsp ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/k12ltsp.list:
> rpm ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/ yum/fedora k12ltsp os updates non-free extras

Eric,
	I'll be ... I had *no* files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory,
and no mention of k12 in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources. Actually it seems
that apt sources.list got totally cleared at the last update, so I just
copied stuff from a server that was not upgraded yet - obviously not so
good a choice. Well, now it works just fine and I have a chance to get the
wireless stuff going on the laptop. Thank you, julius