[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 30 13:57:06 UTC 2004

You just make me feel guilty now :-) I have been telling myself for a
while now that I need to start converting fully to Linux (and I am
actually realizing more now after being on this list how I can benefit).
I need to be a 100% user before I can ever convince others to convert.
I just still have problems with comfortability, I can just get things
done faster in Windows as a result of familiarity.  I hope to be able to
make the switch soon.  But I do still use MS Access everyday, Photoshop,
DVD copying, scanning, etc.  I just don't have time with everything else
going on to learn all new software (man I can't believe I sound like my
users).  What I will most likely do is add another machine to my desk
(Already have OS9, OSX, and Win2000) with WhiteBox or K12LTSP to start
to migrate slowly.  I hear it now, "why all the different OS's?".  I
deal with so many apps and OS's I need to be familiar with them all or
at least have something available to test or to walk through something
on.  No matter what happens I will always use other operating systems
but need to convert my everyday os to linux, not Win.

Thanks for the kick in the butt to get going, if it makes you feel any
better I do reserve a great amount of guilt.  Also I just turned HTML
formatting off, I hope this helps not clutter your inbox.