Minimum Server Specs (was Re: [K12OSN] A couple of questions)

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Mon Aug 2 15:21:56 UTC 2004

jam at mcquil.com wrote:

>    If 3.2Ghz is the current top of the line, then the 2.8ghz cpus are
>    probably the best value for the money.

Very good point.  In my situation, I've been given the ability to buy
this year, and probably will never again be allowed to purchase, well,
anything the way budgets look. :)  I went with the fastest Xeon
processors I could find, hoping to squeeze another year or two of
usefullness out of them -- but you make an excellent point Jim, that .4
Ghz isn't worth the X2 cost unless you're in a situation similar to mine.

-Shawn