[K12OSN] Using Multimedia on K12LTSP - Mounting vitual CDs on the server

Krsnendu krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Tue Aug 3 15:40:01 UTC 2004

One request we have at my school is to be able to run multimedia CDs
(macromedia produced I think) and shockwave content from internet.
I have heard that CDs can be mounted in the server for all to access can
someone let me know how to do that?

Also now that locally run applications are being better supported in 4.1
is there any advantage to getting terminals with more ram and faster
processors? I have P166 with 32MB RAM. I was thinking that running
multimedia apps locally would take strain off the network and the
server. I was thinking of upgrading to PII 400 with 128MB RAM for this.

Any comments?