Minimum Server Specs (was Re: [K12OSN] A couple of questions)

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Mon Aug 2 20:57:13 UTC 2004

Henry Hartley wrote:

> Does anyone have any specific recomendataions for (or warnings
>
>against) controllers for hardware SCSI RAID (brands and model
>numbers)?

Promise cards are pretty badly supported in linux. Their drivers are
closed source and I have personally not had any luck getting one that I
had to run with Fedora - ymmv.

But with many other companies out there supplying cards that are well
supported in linux (eg. adaptec i think) - why bother with Promise?

just my 0.23 cents

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!