[K12OSN] RSH vs SSH (was some other topic)

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Aug 3 14:39:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 08:37, Gavin Spurgeon wrote:
> I would 'LOVE' to know how you set this up...
> I currently have 8 HP Blade Server (BL20p) all with x2 Xeon 2.80GHz or
> above...
> I have 4 running K12LTSP and would love to implement the 'Exact' same setup
> as you have...
> Each Blade has x3 1Gig NICz all plugged into a Cisco Cat6500...
> and I would like to have 1 Nic used for inter Server commz &
> the other to bonded for Network Services (This bit is easy)

Your Cisco 6500 can be configured for VLANs if you want to isolate
any set of NICs.  Just put them on a different subnet on the
PC side and a separate VLAN on the switch.  I doubt if bonding
two gig NIC's is going to gain anything.  You probably can't
overload one with normal traffic, especially if you already
have split X/NFS to different NICs.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com