[K12OSN] Internet access restrictions

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Aug 4 16:11:17 UTC 2004

What you need is "Squid Proxy Server".  My reading tells me it has
extensive access controls and is granular to the user level, you could
only allow the teacher and his assistant Internet access and deny all
others by username, so they could go to any machine and have same rights.

This is an elegant solution and fits the requirement exactly.  As to how
to set it up, it's on my to-do list, but it can't be that tough.  Bonus
is it's open source and free.

Regards,

BC