[K12OSN] server without graphics card

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Thu Aug 5 16:08:23 UTC 2004

Bob Robnett wrote:

> The system requires a graphics card to start.  It will not pass the
> first portion of the POST (Power On Self Test) without it.  Any
> graphics card will do. You do not have to have a monitor hooked up to
> it, though.

Most systems I've seen boot fine without a display card. On some of
them, you have to have a display card installed at some stage though,
and then you have to choose to disable it from the bios. Some boards
have jumpers you have to select to enable booting without display card.

PS: HTML posting and top-posting is evil :)

-J