[K12OSN] OT: multiple printers in mozilla

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Aug 9 15:15:22 UTC 2004

I found some things on the web which said the same thing: change the
default 'lpr ...' command that Moz uses to 'kprinter --stdin' and then
the kprinter dialog box pops up, and I can choose whichever printer I
want.  It works and is adequate for my needs but I see two problems with
it: One, printing now takes at least three clicks, five if you change
the printer choice, which seems like a lot; two, kprinter doesn't seem
to have an option for designating a default printer, such that if you
choose a different printer for a given job, the next time you print the
printer chosen in the previous job will be the default selection.  These
are minor points, though.  (Perhaps they're better in a later version of
kprinter?)

Petre