[K12OSN] OT: multiple printers in mozilla

george kocke webmaster at vol.org
Mon Aug 9 15:18:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 09:46, Petre Scheie wrote:

> I've got multiple printers defined on my 3.0.1 (RH8) K12ltsp server,
> using CUPS.  But in Mozilla, the only printer shown is
> 'Default/Postscript'.  How do I setup multiple printers within Mozilla
> so I can just select it from the list at print time?

I use a program called gtklp:

http://gtklp.sourceforge.net/

When a user in Mozilla hits print, the Mozilla print dialog comes up.
The user then hits print again and the gtklp dialog comes up and the
user is able to select the desired printer and set other options.

I had to change the following in Mozilla's prefs.js file:

user_pref("print.print_command", "gtklp");

--
george kocke <webmaster at vol.org>