[K12OSN] LDAP is for?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Aug 10 13:00:50 UTC 2004

Huck said:
> I just need Mac/XP/thin clients to all login via the K12LTSP and have
> /home/<username> mapped to H:\

You sound like me, Huck, I need to have NIS because I have a bunch of
servers splitting the load, but as of now do not *need* LDAP.  It's way up
on my want list, but for this school year, NIS will do just fine.

The "magic tool" for me is pgina.xpasystems.com -- it allows me to
authenticate users logging into windows from my linux box (PAM auth) so I
don't need LDAP at all.  Again, I want it, but don't need it yet.

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director
spowers at inlandlakes.org
http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org

The views, opinions, visions, thoughts, comments, sarcastic whims,
forecasts, poetic outbursts, cynical wit, future plans, implementation
ideas, OS preference, curricular insight, ice cream preference, or
anything else I might infer are not the views of Inland Lakes Schools.
Pretty much everything I say, do, think, or imply with punctuation should
be considered my own delusions, and ignored completely.