[K12OSN] Open Source, Open Office, Linux in Education and in the News

Shane Stafford staffords at glenburn.net
Wed Aug 11 11:10:00 UTC 2004

First many thanks to all those helping with our Open Office issues
yesterday.

We are about to host the first summer Glenburn Technology Academy here in
Glenburn, Maine.
We have trained 6 instructors in various aspects of Linux and Open Office
and will be offering classes to our faculty during next week.  We have
assembled a nice conference binder for the week with help files, FAQs,
class handouts etc.

What I would like add is a section on articles about Open Source, Open
Office, Linux, K12 LTSP, or LTSP in education (or in business) from online
news sources.    I want the faculty to be able to read about how schools
and businesses are increasingly using these resources.

If you want to backchannel them to me, I can post a comprehensive list of
the submissions later in the week.

thanks
Shane

Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
S & B Consulting