[K12OSN] *sigh* FC2 issues

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Thu Aug 12 00:51:43 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:

> Here is the link to my point-of-view, which has not changed much in the
> six months since I wrote this:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2004-January/msg01337.html
>
> -Eric

Well said and a very sensible roadmap.  The real thrill that I get from
this list is watching developers like yourself and Jim respond, in real
time, to end-users.  By some definitions this is unstable.  From my
experience, it is very responsive.

In fairness to other K12 thin client projects, it is important to note
that Skolelinux

http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/

is now based on Debian Testing, which goes stable next month.  While not
quite as cutting edge, this solution is engineered for larger installs
needing roaming profiles and centralized authentication out of the box.
  It is brilliant, and I am certain that their unification with
debian-edu will benefit all of us.

Also, Harry of OSEF was using Debian unstable and the LTSP years ago for
thin clients.

The bottom line is that OSS is all about choice, and we all have one.
It would be hard to find another distro, community, and team of
developers as diligent and focused as the K12LTSP.  This project is
nearly magical at times.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford