[K12OSN] Video Cards

Scott Sherrill scott at hancock.k12.mi.us
Fri Aug 13 14:47:26 UTC 2004

>Can anyone recommend a good, dependable, and preferably cheap video
>card known to work well with K12LTSP?  I've got a bunch of old PCs
>laying around that I'd like to turn into thin clients, but the
>installed Trident 9660 video cards don't work.  Thanks in advance.

We are having trouble with Trident 9680s too.  They worked great with
the K12LTSP 3.1 and the 2.4.21 client kernel but they flake out big
time with the client kernel 2.4.24 kernel under 4.0.1.

What happens for me the kernel downloads no problem but right after
it uncompresses the kernel and checks the video card the screen won't
sync.   It all happens long before it tries to start Xwindows.

Is that what you are seeing or is it flaking out at the very last
step when it tries to run Xwindows?

Scott

Scott Sherrill
Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools
Hancock, MI
http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us