[K12OSN] Video Cards

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Aug 13 18:28:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 11:00, Mark Cockrell wrote:

> > Mark, you should be able to update your system and it will install the
> > updated kernel:
> >
> > 	up2date -u
> >

> > -Eric
> >

> Eric,
>     I ran "up2date -u" and it told me that everything was up to date.
> I used Scott's instructions and got things working the way I'd hoped
> they would, but I just thought I'd let you know that "up2date -u"
> didn't work for me.

Scott's instructions install the exact same software as mine does, so
no worries there.

But the "up2date -u" _should_ have picked up the update from my repositories.
If you didn't see the ltsp_kernel update, you might be missing other updates
as well. Double check to make sure that the entry for the K12LTSP repositories
has not been removed.

Check /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources, it should have the following line:

	yum k12ltsp ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/

You might as well check yum & apt while we're at it.

/etc/yum.conf:

	[k12ltsp]
	name=K12LTSP
	baseurl=ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/apt/fedora/

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/k12ltsp.list:

	rpm ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/ yum/fedora k12ltsp os updates non-free extras
	rpm-src ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/ yum/fedora k12ltsp os updates non-free extras

-Eric