[K12OSN] Keyoard layout on 4.1.0 terminals

Olle Niit olle at paalalinn.com
Fri Aug 13 20:30:46 UTC 2004

So this is the story:

I use Estonian keyboard, so in lts.conf I modified lines:
XkbSymbols = "ee(pc101)"
XkbLayout  = "ee"

So server works fine even without modifying anything.
And terminal works fine too when I type username and password.
After loging in there is pure us layout.
Temporarily I can change layout when with I run System settings -
Keyboard and point in Estonian and click OK. But it requires root
privileges and I can't tell it anyone.

What to change and where?

in us layout ]';[ keys are
in ee layout oaou all whit dots or tildes.

Second Question, not very important:
And where comes these logout delays somethimes? In 2 servers even in
terminals and server. Even when root user logs off from graphical
desktop. No allways, but somethimes delay is long. If delay exist. I
think 10 seconds to 60 seconds. But mostly is all ok - no delay. I
installed KDE environment too in both servers, but never used them.

Olle Niit
Viljandi Valuoja Elementary School