[K12OSN] Keyoard layout on 4.1.0 terminals

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Sun Aug 15 00:23:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 04:37, k12ltsp at trinityschool.org.uk wrote:
> Olle Niit <olle at paalalinn.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > Second Question, not very important:
> > And where comes these logout delays somethimes? In 2 servers even in
> > terminals and server. Even when root user logs off from graphical
> > desktop. No allways, but somethimes delay is long. If delay exist. I
> > think 10 seconds to 60 seconds. But mostly is all ok - no delay. I
> > installed KDE environment too in both servers, but never used them.
[SNIP]
I found similar behaviour on Fedora 1 release. Notice carefully that
when you choose logout from menu, while a logout dialogue box appears on
the screen, the screen goes a bit "dark". Wait till the screen becomes
fully "dark" before you hit "Logout" key and the delay would not occur.
This is a setting that can be controlled. I think from
/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf but am not too sure.
HTH
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux