[K12OSN] SMB Help, please

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Sun Aug 15 19:58:24 UTC 2004

Hello all,
    I've got my K12LTSP 4.01 box set up and running nicely.  I've put a
link on each users desktop to //WindowsServerName/Share and the users
can see their files, but they can't actually interact with them.  They
can copy the files to the local desktop, edit them, and then put them
back on the Windows server, but not directly open/edit them.  The Web
searching I've done tells me I need to mount the Windows share.  Can
someone give me a simple way to do that for each user.  Ideally, I'd
like a link on the desktop to the share I want them to us that when
double-clicked it, the user is asked for their Windows username and
password.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

C-ya,
Mark