[K12OSN] Director produced multimedia programs

Krsnendu krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Mon Aug 16 16:05:18 UTC 2004

I have K12LTSP currently 4.0.1 (Going to upgrade to 4.1 next week.)
I am in New Zealand and the Ministry of Education provides schools with
many multimedia CDROMs produced with Macromedia Director. I have tried
installing them with the latest WINE. I can install ok, but when it play
the sound jumps all over the place. I am running these programs on a
stand alone desktop machine at present Celeron 766 with 128 MB ram.

Can anyone help me get this running.
The principal here considers these CDROMs essential. An option would be
to set up a Windows terminal server and try to run from that, but I have
heard these programs do not run very well to thin clients.

Ideally I would like to run these programs locally on the LTSP
terminals, but first we have to get it running on its own first.