[K12OSN] user adding programs not working

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Aug 16 13:08:47 UTC 2004

> >There was some discussion about multi-processors behaving badly. . .
> >

> On all the servers I've installed the K12LTSP 1.4 beta16 it
> crashed when
> selecting the smp kernel :(
>
> Is this still as bad, or has it improved at least in the
> final release?
> Has anyone tried so far?

I could not get 4.0.1 to run some apps for more than 30 seconds on my
dual PIII 866 box.  It would also freeze on boot often and on shutdown.
Now 4.1.0 works beautifully.  Not a single crash, but of course I can't
get the NIC's to work so I can't test it with clients.  But the kernel
stability seems to be far better.

---