[K12OSN] Re: Trouble booting PPC clients

Brad Smith usernamenumber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:44:11 UTC 2004

Ok. I'll try doing that. I was hoping to avoid installing yellowdog
because whatever technique I adopt for implimentation I'll have to do
on 30+ machines. I'd rather do

1) Load MacOS
2) Put kernel in initrd
3) Reboot

than

1) Load MacOS
2) Load YDL (since these are "old world" machines I'm led to believe I
have to have macos first)
3) Tweak YDL
3) Reboot

But with this type of machine is that just the way it'll have to be?
If so, YDL supports kickstart, right? That would simplify things
greatly.

One other thing: I also have several powerbooks (1400c/166) which,
accordind to their site, YDL will not run on. Do I have options there
or is it just a lost cause?

Thanks again for all your help!
--Brad