[K12OSN] 2 DHCP servers

bimal pandit bimalp at indoasian.com
Tue Aug 17 08:49:33 UTC 2004

dear kevin

though you can do this i.e. more  than one dhcp server on the same
network, but the preferable is one only.

even if you want to do it you have the following options:-

1) in case you just need to give IP address you can use single DHCP
server. while you can mention different IP address/network/netmask

2) in case you need to run K12ltsp you will have to define your range
excatly and bind it with the MAC address, as nodes just sends a request
and it get an IP from, to which it reaches first., this in case IP are
in network/netmask or else your windows m/c  will get some ip from linux
dhcp and vice versa...

hope this will help

regards,

bimal