[K12OSN] Win2K DHCP server

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Wed Aug 18 14:19:50 UTC 2004

> From:
> Matt Alexander <lug at phxlinux.org>
> Date:
> Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:08:30 -0700
>
> To:
> k12osn at redhat.com
>

>The company I work for is very interested in using Linux thin-clients.  We have a Win2K DHCP server that is not going to go away any time soon, however.  Does anyone have step-by-step instructions for configuring a Win2K DHCP server for Linux thin-clients?
>Thanks,
>~Matt

For what little it maybe worth to you, I tried this very thing several
weeks ago and finally gave up on it and used a different, more
standards-compliant DHCP server (*ISC DHCPd version 3.0*. to be exact).
The Microsoft DHCP server just wouldn't communicate properly with the
thin clients.  The transition was very simple, and I simply disabled the
existing scope in my Windows box.  I know it's not the answer you were
looking for.

--
C-ya,
Mark