[K12OSN] LTSP on same network as Windows

Yancey B. Jones ybjones at one.net
Sat Aug 21 12:31:40 UTC 2004

I am going to be setting up a Linux terminal server for a charter school
here in Cincinnati. The idea has been extremely well received by the school
administrator. We will already have a DHCP, DNS, and Internet gateway in
place before setting up the terminal server so is there any reason that I
shouldn't set up the Linux terminal server on the same network and use my
existing DHCP and DNS servers? I will also want to give students/teachers
access to their files whether they log into a Windows box or Linux terminal
- any HOWTO's for this come to mind?

-Yancey