[K12OSN] Experience at Glenburn this week.

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 22 20:44:27 UTC 2004

David Trask wrote:

>>other "best practices" tips to improve server performance.
>>

>Use gigabit!  Do you have gigabit cards in the server?  If not you NEED
>them.  Are you coming out of the server and into a gigabit switch?  If not
>you NEED to!  The difference is astronomical!  Amer.com has great deals on
>gig switches and gig uplink switches.....I use several of the SR24G2
>switches.
>

>David N. Trask
>Technology Teacher/Coordinator
>Vassalboro Community School
>dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
>(207)923-3100

We installed gigabit cards in our servers and the Amer.com (3 for the
price of 2) gigabit switches connecting our two servers this summer.
Tomorrow is our first day of school -- I sure hope (pray) it makes a
difference! Also, we upgraded to the k12 on FC2. I am keeping my fingers
cross that everything runs smoothly for the first week.

Rita Gibson
RMSEL