[K12OSN] OT - how to clear squid ip cache?

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Wed Aug 25 20:47:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Ron Freidel wrote:

> How about using
>
> squid -k shutdown
> squid -z
> squid
>
> Then you'll have a new cache.
>

> Huck (dhuckaby at paasda.org) wrote:
> >
> > I don't suppose it will take the '*' wildcard will it? =)
> > http://www.thisplace.com/*.html ??
> > that would be kind of groovy
> >
> > --Huck
> >
> > Eric Harrison wrote:

> > >The squidclient utility can clear a cached page.
> > >
> > >Add the following lines to your /etc/squid/squid.conf
> > >
> > >	acl PURGE method PURGE
> > >	http_access allow PURGE localhost
> > >	http_access deny PURGE
> > >

> > >tell squid to re-read its configs:
> > >
> > >	service squid reload
> > >
> > >Now you can purge urls from the cache:
> > >
> > >	squidclient -m PURGE http://www.somewhere.com
> > >
> > >Note that this does individual pages, it does not purge a whole
> > >website. If page1.html, page2.html, etc are all stale, you'll
> > >have to purge each one:
> > >
> > >	squidclient -m PURGE http://www.somewhere.com/page1.html
> > >	squidclient -m PURGE http://www.somewhere.com/page2.html
> > >
> > >-Eric
OK, Folks. I tried Eric's suggestion to no avail (of course I cleaned
history and local cache). I tried than to recreate the cache files on the
squid server. I went further than recreating - I removed the old ones
first. All to no avail. Mozilla still goes to the old address of the test
site. And yes. I know it is squid, because when i remove redirection on
the k12 server, the browsers go to the correct site. Any ideas? julius