[K12OSN] OT - how to clear squid ip cache?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Aug 25 21:35:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 15:47, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

> OK, Folks. I tried Eric's suggestion to no avail (of course I cleaned
> history and local cache). I tried than to recreate the cache files on the
> squid server. I went further than recreating - I removed the old ones
> first. All to no avail. Mozilla still goes to the old address of the test
> site. And yes. I know it is squid, because when i remove redirection on
> the k12 server, the browsers go to the correct site. Any ideas? julius

On the squid server, or wherever /etc/resolv.conf points it's DNS
resolution, restart named to clear the DNS cache.  If it is
RH/fedora, use 'service named restart'.  The length of time a
DNS address can be cached is set in the originating zone file.
When someone is planning to change an address they should tune
down the time-to-live ahead of time.  If your resolv.conf points
to more than one resolver, be sure they are all restarted to
flush the cache.  Nslookup or dig on the squid box will tell you
where it will go.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com