[K12OSN] PXE boot problems...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Aug 26 20:20:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 14:47, ROGER (Tripp) LOWE wrote:

> I don't mind being creative, so if anybody has ANY suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
>
> In the mean-time, I'll be the one in the lab banging my head against the wall.  Bandages anyone?

Can you boot it from a knoppix CD (new one was just released a week or
so ago)?  If you enter 'knoppix 2' at the boot prompt, then
'X -query server' when you get a command prompt you should be running
as a thin client.  Knoppix offers various way to install on the hard
drive or customize the CD.  Maybe someone can crank out a custom CD
to use with all the hardware that knoppix can detect (pcmcia, wireless,
etc.). You'd have to work a little to get sound and floppy access to
mesh with ltsp but basic X should be easy enough.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com