[K12OSN] *EARLY* Alpha of K12LTSP 3.2

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Aug 27 18:20:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 12:12, Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> Awesome.  A completely packaged version based off a stable distro such
> as RHEL/WBEL would be an excellent alternative.  For me I don't want
> cutting edge, I need stable.

I strongly suspect you are being overly optimistic about RHEL based
distro's solving all the weird hardware issues you might encounter.
I'd guess that would fall more in the 'feature' category that
is intentionally not backported to keep from breaking anything
else even when the fix is added to new kernels.  I'd like to
be proven wrong about this, but...

On the other hand if it turns out that your particular hardware
does work reliably with it you should have a better chance of
keeping it up to date with security related updates longer
without major changes.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com