[K12OSN] Samba and cups

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Fri Aug 27 23:48:34 UTC 2004

I am trying to get a Windows XP PRO machine to find an HP1200 laser
printer that is USB and installed under cups, connected to my K12LTSP
server.  I have gotten Samba to the point that I can see the server in
the Windows machine's windows for installing printers.  What seems to be
happening is that Samba is not seeing the cups installed printer so the
printer doesn't show up in the printer list on the Windows machine.   I
have tried stopping and restarting both services to get the cups running
in front of Samba and that hasn't made any difference.  Does anyone have
any ideas on how I can fix this situation?

I am running K12LTSP 4.0.1 FC1.

Thanks
Pat