[K12OSN] K12LTSP 3.2 for RHEL, LDAP config wishlist ..

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Sun Aug 29 17:54:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 10:06, Andy Rabagliati wrote:
>
> > Next, I need LDAP authentication for UUCP ..
> >

> It has been ages since I used uucp, but I thought login
> took care of authentication before starting it.

Of course login requires cooperation between server and client.

uucp (the server, or slave) has two modes - an endless loop on
login/password prompts on port 540, that use /etc/uucp/passwd as a
plaintext authenticator, which I currently use, and a user that invokes
uucico as a shell, which uses regular (including LDAP) pam auth.

I should use the latter.

Then there is the slave, which uses /etc/uucp/call - a (plaintext)
file that holds the triplet host/login/passwd.

I cannot see a way around that - but I would like that to (also) use
an LDAP lookup to find the password to send.

Cheers,  Andy!