[K12OSN] further update questions

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Mon Aug 30 20:15:04 UTC 2004

For what it's worth, I've had much better luck opening a console window and
typing "yum update" than I ever did by clicking on the little red
exclamation point and trying to follow all the next buttons.  For some
reason the CLI interface is much more satisfying and informative than the
GUI for this app.

I'm curious though, why does this work so much better?  Is YUM a completely
different process?  Or is the exclamation point poorly implemented?  Am I
missing any updates by using YUM?  It seems to make the exclamation point
go away.

ck