[K12OSN] Desktop Layout per Group ? -:SOLVED:-

Debbie Schiel debbieschiel at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:02:25 UTC 2004

Hi Gavin,

Now that I've got the server & client working I'm setting up user accounts
for the different year groups (we're a small school with just one class per
year). I want to have the preps/year1s login by clicking a button (I managed
that via the login screen tool) and then when they are logged in they only
have access to -and only see- a few select applications on the desktop. They
don't need to have access or even see the start/redhat menu.  The
upper/senior school can have individual logins but I haven't got that far
yet.

Do you know where in the k12ltsp filesystem I can find & change a user's
access settings? I've done a search on k12osn with 'user' and there doesn't
seem to be a lot of information for administrators once they have installed
and setup the server.

I'd also like to try the script you mention below.

Thanks,

Debbie