[K12OSN] Samba help

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Aug 31 13:18:52 UTC 2004

Check the /etc/xinetd.d/swat file. I believe it defaults to restricting
access to only the localhost. Look for a line that looks like this:

only_from = 127.0.0.1

and change it to:

#only_from = 127.0.0.1

and then restart xinetd:

service xinetd restart

To be more security conscious, you may want to change the only_from line
to a limited list of machines that can access swat, say, localhost and
your desktop machine. The above setting means any machine can get to it.

Petre