[K12OSN] Screensaver

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Aug 31 19:11:36 UTC 2004

Liam -

look for the file:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XScreenSaver

Within that file, there is a line that starts with !*programs.  Remove
the preceding "!" (which is a comment character)

This should re-enable screensavers.  Then, you have to disable
screensavers on a per-user basis, by putting a .xscreensaver file in
each user account.

(take a look at a .xscreensaver file that is generated by the gui and
make changes as needed)

-Gideon

Gideon Romm | Product R&D gideon at symbio-technologies.com

Symbio Technologies                     o:(914) 576-1205
134 North Ave, Suites E&F               f:(914) 576-0944
New Rochelle, NY 10801                  c:(914) 774-4691

                www.symbio-technologies.com
                    www.thesymbiont.com