[K12OSN] linux formmat 55

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Mon Aug 2 20:18:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 11:36, cliebow at downeast.net wrote:
> > Maximum Linux was the only one of the linux mags that wasn't geek
> > oriented. I have every issue and they are still worth more to me than all
> > of the others put together...

Another Linux mag along this vein that I quite like is Linux Format. It
is expensive because it's from the UK, but it is decidedly geared
towards the general PC enthusiast, and does not have the geeky /
academic feel that the others have. Lots of really good tutorials on
various software (they finished a really nice series on Blender) and a
ton of useful information and news. I actually subscribe to it, but it
can be found in most Barnes & Noble or Borders stores. The publisher
(Future *something*, can't remember exactly) has another Linux magazine
that launched recently which also looks quite good. Again, available at
B&N and Borders.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-