[K12OSN] RSH vs SSH (was some other topic)

Gavin Spurgeon gsp at leighctc.kent.sch.uk
Tue Aug 3 13:37:02 UTC 2004

Hi Shawn...

<Quote>
 > I'm actually going to use rsh -- because programs are called from a
 > private subnet on a separate gig switch (all the servers use that 2nd
 > NIC for mounting /home or whatever servers need to talk to each other
about)
</Quote>

I would 'LOVE' to know how you set this up...
I currently have 8 HP Blade Server (BL20p) all with x2 Xeon 2.80GHz or
above...
I have 4 running K12LTSP and would love to implement the 'Exact' same setup
as you have...
Each Blade has x3 1Gig NICz all plugged into a Cisco Cat6500...
and I would like to have 1 Nic used for inter Server commz &
the other to bonded for Network Services (This bit is easy)
So if you could point me in the correct direction or if you have a HOWTO,
I would love to look into it and make a very detailed HOWTO about the
setup...
If anyone else can point me in the correct direction that would be great....

Thanx for all your time...

Best Regards

Gavin Spurgeon
Assistant Systems Administrator