[K12OSN] apt-get question

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Aug 3 18:04:30 UTC 2004

Ok... I just can't stand yum, sorry -- it locks up, is slow, etc.  Plus,
I'm a debian user from way back, so apt-get just feels right.

I had to force --nodeps and install an .rpm (the icewmcontrol panel --
great package BTW).  It says it needs pygtk => 1.9.9, but doesn't think
my pygtk2 is > 1.9.9 or something.  ANYWAY, how can I get apt-get to
stop telling me I need to run apt-get -f install to fix the problem?
(It's solution if I do run that is to remove the offending rpm -- but I
want it, and it works great...)

Anyone have a clue?  Is there an undocumented --nodeps --don't_look_back
flag. :)

-Shawn