[K12OSN] 4.1.0 trouble with pxe boot

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Aug 4 12:31:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 00:11, Duane Wilson wrote:

> OK Les,
>     /tftpboot/lts/pxe does not contain pxelinux.0  the only thing that
> carries the name pxelinux is a directory called pxelinux.cfg.
>
> Whats up with that???

It sounds like something went wrong in the upgrade, especially
if it worked before.  I have a test machine where I did
an upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.1alpha via isos and yum updates
after that and the directory and files appear in the
right place.  However, I'm not really a fan of doing
version upgrades.  I think it is usually better to have
/home on a separate partition and do a re-install without
formatting /home, making sure you have a copy of all the
files in /etc and anything else you customized in case you
need them for reference to duplicate the original setup.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com