[K12OSN] RSH vs SSH (was some other topic)

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Aug 4 12:59:45 UTC 2004

Les Bell wrote:

> Putting my security professional's hat on, I would *strongly* recommend
>
>that you use ssh rather than rsh. There are too many other things that will

Fair enough Les, but do you (or anyone else) know some sort of "hands
free" way to script authorized_keys2 into everyone's .ssh directory?  My
reasoning for rsh was none other than I didn't want to create a public
key for each user.  Is my thinking backwards?  If there is a way I can
get SSH do work as painlessly as rsh will (in theory, I've never used
rsh, but it's been around a while) I'm all ears.

Anyone?

Thanks,
-Shawn