[K12OSN] server without graphics card

Krsnendu krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Thu Aug 5 23:33:12 UTC 2004

I have an Athlon 2500xp inside a regular tower case on MSI KT6 Delta
motherboard. Can I use this without a graphics card?

I would rather use it only as a server not as a terminal as well. I had
the experience the other day that I was using the server machine
directly as a terminal and openoffice froze the machine and I had to
reboot. Naturally all the terminals went down. I am sure if I ran the
program from another terminal machine I could have restarted that
machine and the other machines connected to the server would have kept
running.

If I am not using the machine as a terminal do I need a graphics card.
Are there any tricks for getting it to start without it.

I have been using an old  pci graphics until now just to get it going.