[K12OSN] printing and scanning

bimal pandit bimalp at indoasian.com
Thu Aug 5 05:21:17 UTC 2004

dear Will,

you need to do the following incase you want to attach a printer with
one of the Workstation as

1) you must have assigned a name and an IP address to the workstation.
2) use some utility to configure the attached printer, like :-
   printconf-tui,printconf-gui,printtool
   and select jetdirect,mention the IP of workstation(name may also
do),port- 9100
3) make changes in lts.conf

here is my configuration for a workstation ws011 which has fixed IP
192.168.0.11 and has a printer Samsung ML1210 attached to it through
Parallel port.

Note :- make changes as it is Parallely or serially attached or is a USB
printer.

[ws011]
# NODE :- Bimal Pandit
        X_MODE_0           = 1280x1024