[K12OSN] Re: Re: Bandwidth requirements

Daniel Jacobs JacobsD at fsd38.ab.ca
Thu Aug 5 18:05:51 UTC 2004

Brian,

Thanks for the reply Brian. Point taken, but I still would like to know
the bandwidth requirements.
We are situated in Alberta Canada, and here the government is
connecting all government facilities(schools included) with a high speed
fiber optic network. Our schools will be linked with a 10mb half duplex
minimum(funded by the government). There is an option to upgrade this
service to a higher bandwidth at the school's cost. The head end will
have at least a 20 mb feed.
I guess I want to just know if this is going to be sufficient because
it has already been decided to put this ltsp cluster in place.

Daniel

Daniel Jacobs wrote:

>>Hi everyone,
>>
>>We are in the process of running a pilot of LTSP in one of our
schools.
>>We are running it in a novell netware environment, that uses pam
>>authentication etc...
>>Once this is succesfull we will be "clustering" 6 of these boxes at
our
>>head end to serve all the schools in our division. My question is ,
What