[K12OSN] Trouble mounting NFS

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at relaxpc.com
Thu Aug 5 23:18:52 UTC 2004

I've set up a server.  I've got a boot floppy.  The client boots, gets the
IP from DHCP, gets the kernel, boots it, gets permission to mount the
server (according to the server logs), but then it times out waiting for
the server.  (And I've had the same problem with three different servers
and the same client).

My laptop will PXE boot fine (the video driver doesn't get loaded, but the
thing at least mounts the NFS stuff properly).

Another machine had the same problem.  I attributed it to a bad network
card (even though it twice does a DHCP request).  In that machine I put in
a differnt network card & that solved the problem.  It's a 3c900.  Perhaps
I can pass a parameter to it to make it work?

Also, in two out of three machines I set up, the sound card is correctly
identified, but won't work.  My best guess is some kind of conflict
between the sound and the extra Ethernet card I added.

Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman at utk.edu
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville
http://learn.coe.utk.edu/~pfaffman/
+1-865-974-0497 (W)                    +1-865-898-0497 (M)