[K12OSN] [OT] mysql problem

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Fri Aug 6 13:32:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:40:28AM -0700, Huck wrote:
> *cough* shameless plug for win32 package called 'easyphp' which combines
> an apache web server, php stuff, and mysql db for windows OS's...
> Just in case...
> *ducks*

Don't be afraid.  Its still an OpenSource solution.

Whatever gets the job done for our schools is "good"!  Especially when
it doesn't make the schools have to buy and manage more licenses.

Its likely that the first use of Open Source in schools will be students
using OpenOffice and GIMP 2.0.

Both are available for Windows and Linux and they can take those
programs home and use them for free on their home PC's without having to
worry about "stealing", since these programs are, as we all know, free!
free

However - I do want to speak to you after school about your "top
posting" in emails.... :)

--
Our father, which art in Redmond, Monopoly be thy name.
Thy empire come, thy OS never done, shipping as it is in development

Give us this day, our daily bug And forgive address violations
as we forgive those viruses that trespass against us

Lead us not unto competition but deliver us from Choice
For thine is the license, the revenue and the greed forever. Amen

Linux and Open Source.  The New Base.

Now All your base belongs to you, for free.