[K12OSN] OT - from ISO to hard disk

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Aug 6 17:53:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 10:08, Doug Gough wrote:
> I figured it out. If others are wanting to find a way to boot their thin
> clients from a hard drive, I could post my simplistic howto on the wiki.

Thanks, but I'm really more interested in a knoppix-style iso to boot
PCMCIA and other problematic hardware but still come up without
intervention into a thin-client remote X login.  I also think a
fatter client would sometimes be useful to run the desktop and
some local apps if the home directory could automatically be mounted
and certain apps could be run remotely.  It might take a little
magic in the desktop/menu to keep it working between the thin/fat
clients, though.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com