[K12OSN] Slow log off....hangs

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Sat Aug 7 00:26:48 UTC 2004

Hi guys....

One more thing I've noticed with 4.01 and 4.1beta......I'm upgrading from
3.12  (new install).....everything works (except sound...see my other
post)...except I have some instances of hanging log offs.....if I leave it
for about 2 or 3 mins it'll eventually die and log off.  Of course
CTRL-ALT-Backspace does the job, but I'd like to address this.  Any ideas?
 Happens in both versions...FC1 and FC2.  On both the server and
terminals.  Basically if in Gnome...(will be using IceWM once I get things
configured)....I click to log off...screen goes shaded...I select log
off....then the screen brightens and nothing happens, but nor can I click
on anything either.  Seems like the session hangs.  Any ideas?  I want to
resolve this before I put into production.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us