[K12OSN] Issue with 4.1 beta...???

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Aug 9 13:33:28 UTC 2004

Ok,

Here's the set up....I have a Samba/LDAP server serving home directories
to my K12LTSP box via NFS....I export from Samba/LDAP and mount on
K12LTSP.   The OS for the Samba/LDAP is also from the K12LTSP 4.1 beta
disks.  Thus I have the same /etc/skel and so forth on both machines.  My
issue....

Given that the Samba/LDAP is based on FC2 (due to 4.1) if I have my
K12LTSP box also at FC2 (4.1)....my icons in IceWM will not work.  All I
get are the sheets of paper.  Whereas if I use K12LTSP 4.01 (FC1 based) on
the K12LTSP server ....IceWM works fine.  So....any ideas?  I've tried
resetting desktops and all to no avail.  Deleted and recreated
users....used "virgin" users....reinstalled.....no diff.  Any ideas?
Something broken between IceWM, Gnome, or Nautilus?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us