[K12OSN] LDAP is for?

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Aug 9 22:38:47 UTC 2004

Huck....does everything and everyone live on one server?  If so, you don't
need Samba-LDAP for now.  BUT....the advantage to Samba-LDAP is that the
users and home dirs live on that server and the rest lives somewhere else.
 I can blow away my K12LTSP box....upgrade it and simply put it back on
the network...use authconfig to point it to the Samba-LDAP box and away we
go.  I can drop another server in the same way.  Plus...it seperates
theusers data from all else.  How many users...how big of a school or
network?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School