[K12OSN] Burning CDs (Slightly OT)

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Tue Aug 10 17:56:08 UTC 2004

Huck wrote:

> unfortunately I don't think there is 'rsync' for win '98...so I end up
> having to DL the entire ISO ever time :(
>
> --Huck

To go slightly more OT in the interest of saving bandwidth, you may try
cwrsync, they say it works on win98, but haven't tried it.

http://www.itefix.no/cwrsync/

A good, but older HOWTO site for rsync on windows is
http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help/rsync/rsync_pc1.html
They now recommend using cwrsync.

Some people have mentioned using web based cd-burning interface on the
thin clients, which uses the burner on a standalone cndburning
workstation or the k12ltsp server on this list to the past, but I don't
remember the name of the package, but I haven't looked at the wiki or
the archives yet.

Ben